Tasty, rich in protein and low in calories
2 kg clean squid; 500 g snail kernel; 200 g onion; 1 red pepper; 1 can of peeled tomato; garlic, salt and piripiri; white wine; parsley and coriander; 4 l fumet or fish stock; 1 kg medium grain rice; dry oregano.
1. Lightly fry the garlic and chopped onion in olive oil.
2. Add the chopped garlic and the pepper into julienne.
3. Add the squid cut into rings and let braise.
4. Freshen with white wine.
5. Add the fish stock and boil.
6. Add the rice and cook about 6 minutes.
7. Season with salt and piripiri, add the snail kernel and cook about 6 minutes more.
8. Flavor with oregano, chopped parsley and coriander.
9. Serve the rice loose.
1 kg clams; 1,5 kg milk snail; 200 g shrimp.
For the sauce:
100 g onion; 100 g ripe tomato; garlic, bay leaf and pepper; 100 g bacon or chourição; salt and piripiri; olive oil and white wine; parsley, coriander and oregano.
1 – To make the cataplana sauce braise in the following order: olive oil, bacon or chourição, bay leaves, chopped garlic, onion cut into thin half moons, tomatoes cut into half moons, julienne peppers.
2 – Freshen with white wine.
3 – Season with salt, oregano and piripiri.
4 – Place half the sauce in the cataplana.
5 – Add the snail, the clams and the shrimp.
6 – Sprinkle with the remaining sauce and close the cataplana.
7 – Put the cataplana in the fire and cook about 8 minutes.
8 – Open the cataplana and adjust salt and piripiri.
9 – Freshen with chopped parsley and coriander.
*Cataplana – copper pan; seafood or meat dish prepared in a copper pan.
1 kg milk snail; 1,5 kg chicken; 150 g bacon; 150 g chourição; onion, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper; mushrooms, raisins, apricots and almond; white wine; pealed tomato and parsley.
1. Cut the chicken into even pieces.
2. Season with coarse salt.
3. Brown in some lard and reserve in a frying pan.
4. In a casserole, put some olive oil, bacon and cubed chourição, small onions or whole shallots, chopped garlic, the brown chicken and the pealed tomato.
5. Cook about 10 minutes on low heat inside the covered casserole.
6. Add the whole mushrooms and the snails.
7. Freshen with white wine and Oporto wine.
8. Cook 10 more minutes.
9. In the end add the raisins, apricot and almond kernel.
10. Rectify the salt and pepper.
11. You may add boiled peas and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
2,5 kg medium snail kernel baked; leek (white part); 100 g onion; 1 chinese cabbage ; 200 g fresh soybeans; vegetable oil; grated carrot; soy sauce; salt, pepper and piripiri; sliced mushrooms; 800 g grain rice; 3 eggs; ham; 1,4 l chicken stock.
1. In a wok sauté the soybeans, onion, leek, chinese cabbage, sliced mushrooms and grated carrot in vegetable oil in high heat.
2. Add the previously baked snail kernels capsule and involve all ingredients.
3. Add soy sauce as you like.
4. Rectify the salt, pepper and piripiri.
5. Serve with oriental rice.
For the rice:
1. Sauté garlic and chopped onion in olive oil.
2. Put 800 g of rice and let it fry a little.
3. Add 1,4 l of chicken stock and season with salt.
4. Cook for about 12 minutes on low heat with the lid on.
5. Once cooked stir with a fork.
6. Sauté soybeans, chinese cabbage, julienned carrots and sliced mushrooms.
7. Mix the rice with the vegetables and also the chopped ham and scrambled eggs.
1 kg piglet belly; 300 g milk snail kernel; thyme, garlic and Oporto wine; 100 g shallots; parsley; 100 g leek; 2 dl mayonnaise; 1 orange; coarse salt and pepper; 10 slices of Alentejo bread; 200 g micro herbs.
1. Marinate the piglet belly with coarse salt, pepper, thyme and orange juice.
2. Brown the piglet in both sides in a skillet and add to the previous sauté.
3. In a pan, sauté the aromatic vegetables.
4. Freshen with Oporto wine and let it braise covered, about 45 minutes.
5. After cooked, shred the piglet and mix the snail kernel.
6. Involve all and add a little broth from cooking the pig.
7. Rectify the seasoning.
8. Put on top of a slice of toasted Alentejo bread, previously barred with olive oil and crushed garlic.
9. Serve with mayonnaise and orange salad of micro herbs.
Chicken breast stuffed with fat snail and nuts over sautéed spinach, mushrooms and mashed sweet potatoes
1,5 kg chicken breast; rosemary, raisins and walnut kernels; 300 g mix frozen mushrooms; 300 g spinach; 1 kg potatoes, salt and pepper; garlic, olive oil and butter.
1. Sauté the nuts in a frying pan, add the previously cooked fat snail kernel and season with salt, pepper and rosemary.
2. Season the chicken breast with salt, fill with the above mixture and tie with string.
3. Brown the chicken in oil in a skillet and cook over low heat.
4. Bake sweet potatoes in the oven seasoned with salt, garlic and rosemary for about 40 minutes.
5. Peel the potatoes and make purée.
6. Add butter to the purée.
7. Serve with a mixture of mushrooms and sautéed spinach.
6 small sea bass; 500 g snail duet; 500 g courgettes; 300 g red onion; 400 g pumpkin; 1 kg potato, parsley and coriander; salt and pepper, 100 g bacon; leek; 2 dl sour cream; garlic and olive oil.
1. Remove fillets from the sea bass.
2. Season with salt, pepper, garlic and coriander.
3. In a frying pan, stain the fillets in olive oil.
4. Cook the potato with the skin.
5. After cooking, let it cool slightly and remove the skin.
6. Make a sauté with bacon in julienne, leek and add the grated potato.
7. Rectify with salt and pepper and finish with the chopped parsley.
8. Place on a tray and bake for about 5 minutes at 200º.
9. In a saucepan, sauté the vegetables in order of cooking, add the previously cooked snail duet. Reserving cooking water.
10. Add some of the snail's cooking water.
11. Connect with cream and rectify seasoning.
12. Allow to reduce and cool with the chopped coriander.
1,5 kg pork cheek; 500 g yellow snail, thyme, garlic, Oporto wine; 200 g shallot; 200 g tomatoes bunch; parsley; 200 g leek; 500 g Arborio rice; 200 g green asparagus; hazelnut, butter and parmesan.
1. 2 hours before, marinate the pork cheek with salt, thyme and port wine.
2. Make braise with olive oil, garlic, shallots, leeks and tomatoes.
3. Add the pork cheeks and let braise over low heat for 30 minutes and rectify seasoning.
4. Serve with yellow snail risotto, hazelnuts and green asparagus.